Home » Harvest Baptist Church, Fort Dodge, Iowa
Category Archives: Harvest Baptist Church, Fort Dodge, Iowa
Originally Preached by Bro. Jeff DuFour, Harvest Baptist Church Commencement Address, Thursday, May 19th, 2011.
2 Timothy 4:6-13 – "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: 10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. 12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. 13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments."
"If there’s no risk for hurt, you’re not going to be able to reach out and touch anybody’s life."
I. Bring The Cloak (Verse 13)
- "Because it’s a comfort to us," like a comforting coat in the winter – "I just need some comfort."
- "It takes about 15 minutes to make someone’s day."
- "To my own son in the faith" – This is a family – "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name"
II. Bring the Books
- "Let’s not forget what we’ve learned. Bring it back with ya every now and then."
- Share God’s "rhemas" – His words to you – with others.
- And come back, having used what you’ve learned.
- "It’s time to get in there and feed yourself."
- ‘You weren’t trained to sit and rust out. If anything, you should run, and burn out.’
- Challenge others with your zeal and commitment for God.
III. Bring the Parchments
- Come to us with the Word of God.
- Come back and "teach us a few things that we didn’t know."
- Come back with a worn-out, King James Bible – the one we use, and the one our forefathers DIED for!
- "Don’t give [your King James Bibles] up!"